Desi Diarrhea

Explosive liquid thoughts on all things Indian. Warm & pleasant sometimes. Painful & disgusting at other times. Always brown.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Kingfisher Airlines' staff is not that attractive


Good airline. Overrated staff. So I flew Kingfisher Airlines for the 2nd time after hearing all the hype about how goodlooking their staff of air hostesses is supposed to be. (note: I didn't choose them for this reason although since their rates were competitive, the allure of pretty girls did put them over the top) And I have to admit, I've been pretty underwhelmed with the group's beauty. They are not that good looking. Aside from the short skirts which you don't normally see in India, they are slightly above average - not the "Aishwaryas in the Air" that I was hoping for. Perhaps the short skirts distract people from their faces. Then again, I've only been on 2 flights and maybe all the hot ones were just taking the day off. And quite honestly, they were a bit overly nice. Asking if I wanted a mint one second, and a towel the next and a cookie the next. I just wanted to read without interruption. But that maybe just me.

Overall though, I do like the airline. And I think Vijay Mallya definitely is a model for a new type of Indian CEO. Someone who does things with a little flair. And I'd guess that Kingfisher maybe one of the first consumer oriented companies to build a brand outside of India. They are expecting to go public soon (next 5 months) which is fairly soon as compared to their launch one year ago. So continued best wishes to the airline. If they can bring on some hotter air hostesses in the interim, they'd have a fan for life in me.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home